- Fine textured, dark green color
- Superior disease resistance
- Drought tolerant
- Ideal in areas of full sun or medium shade
- A perfect lawn for the mid- to deep -south as it tolerates extreme heat
- Chokes out weeds and other grasses and is wear resistant to foot traffic
Emerald was introduced in 1955 by the USDA and the Georgia Agriculture Experiment Station. Nicknamed the “Cadillac of Lawn Grasses. “It is one of the first zoysia grasses sold on the market, and holds true to its name with its attractive fine leaf texture and beautiful dark green color. It is slow to spread, but once established with a dense turf, Emerald chokes out weeds and other grasses and is wear resistant to foot traffic.