Celebration was developed in Australia as a multi‑purpose grass. It is ideal for central and southern regions of the United States. Celebration has a dark blue-green color, fine texture, and is cold and drought tolerant. It has lower maintenance requirements and is adaptable to a wide range of soil and light conditions. Celebration has more shade and drought tolerance than Tifway 419 Bermuda. This variety grows slower vertically, which means less mowing, while rapid horizontal growth contributes to its durability.
Celebration Bermuda Specs
- Dark Blue-Green Color
- Fine texture, thin leaf blades (1.7mm)
- Grows from above-ground runners (stolens) and below-ground shoots (rhisomes)
- Excellent heat/drought/frost tolerance due to deep, massive root system
- Excellent wear resistance; performs well & repairs quickly in high‑traffic areas
- Fair shade tolerance, but most shade tolerant Bermuda on the market
Celebration Bermuda Care
- In Spring and Summer, mow 3/4″ to 1″ every 3-5 days or as needed. Do not scalp. Never remove more than 1/3 of leaf blade in any single mowing. In Fall and Winter, mow every 7-10 days or as needed.
- Perform soil analysis to best determine your specific needs. Higher nitrogen (N) rates should only be applied in Spring. In Summer and Fall, fertilize with a product low in nitrogen and higher in phosphorous and potassium. Can use products with iron to improve color and limit growth surges.
- At least 1″ of water weekly is recommended to keep optimal appearance and to resist disease and pests. However, in periods of drought or high temperatures, grass will need to be watered more often. Water when leaf blades wilt.